DUBLIN – Cricket Ireland and sports equipment supplier Mansfield Sports Group (MSG) have partnered up in a deal that will see cricket training equipment made available for the senior international men’s and women’s teams, and provide discounts and preferential pricing of equipment to clubs and Provincial Unions.
The deal will see MSG:
- Become an official supplier to Cricket Ireland for the next three seasons, including the supply of cricket coaching balls, coaching and cricket equipment (e.g. RoboArm, FlexiStump, CatchBat) and bowling machines;
- Provide training balls for teams at trade price;
- To sponsor eight players from the National Talent Pathway Squads and Academy with a full set of free equipment;
- Provide 20 sets of coloured batting pads to Cricket Ireland National teams and other squads; and
- Provide Grassroots Bowling Machine £500 Funding - each club in Ireland will be allocated £500 discount towards the purchase a Master Digi Bowling Machine.
Richard Holdsworth, High Performance Director for Cricket Ireland, said:
“It’s an ideal partnership between Cricket Ireland and one of the world’s best coaching equipment providers, and we’ve already seen the national sides benefitting from the equipment throughout 2021. The equipment will help support our elite coaches prepare the players with high-quality equipment – much of which is both durable and portable – ideal for touring.
“However, this partnership will not just benefit Cricket Ireland, but also the grassroots and provincial structures across Ireland. There will be a number of opportunities for coaches at all levels to take advantage of supplier deals and discounts towards high-quality training assets.”
Richard Mansfield, Managing Director at Mansfield Sports Group, added:
“Having the opportunity to partner with Cricket Ireland is amazing and a huge honour for us, we are excited to see the partnership take our products across Ireland.
“The partnership with Cricket Ireland, demonstrates the progression MSG has been making in the cricket industry. We take enormous pride that our products are being used by the majority of the county clubs and international teams with the best coaches and players around the world who are benefiting from using our portfolio of products.
“We have enjoyed working alongside the various departments across Cricket Ireland from players, coaches, and the commercial team. The partnership offer the national team, academy players and coaches access to our range of elite coaching equipment, match and training balls, bowling machines, and playing equipment.
“Both parties are passionate about supporting and engaging with the cricket community across Ireland. We are working hard to develop our business into a One-Stop Shop for elite cricket with some new and innovative products and partnerships being introduced next season.
“On behalf of the MSG team, I’d like to thank everyone at Cricket Ireland for their enthusiasm and we can’t wait to see our products in action through Ireland over the coming years.”